The natural world is a terrifying place, and it just got a little scarier — especially for ants. Wired reports that scientists have reported that they have discovered 4 new kinds of fungus in Brazil that infect ants, effectively turning them into zombies that serve the will of the fungal infector.
- 4 New Species of Zombifying Ant Fungus Found (derrenbrown.co.uk)
- 4 New Species of Zombifying Ant Fungus Found (wired.com)
- New Zombie-Creating Fungi Discovered (VIDEO) (huffingtonpost.com)
- 4 new species of Zombie ant fungi discovered in Brazilian rainforest (physorg.com)
- Zombie ants: Killer fungus turning Amazon rainforest ants into colonies of zombies (dailymail.co.uk)